Friday, August 3, 2012

Not Wounded

Oh, how sweet it is to hear a word from the Lord.
This morning I woke up to a quiet house, made a cup of hot tea, and grabbed my little girl's Bible.  I plopped down on the couch and closed my eyes.  "Lord, show me something.  Speak to me this morning.  I need to hear from you."  I opened the Bible and it opened to the book of Daniel, chapter 6.  (Daniel in the Lion's Den)  I thought this was funny because last week was vacation bible school at church and they studied this exact passage.  I was supposed to teach the 3rd and 4th graders, but was unable due to the loss of our baby and surgery.  So I smiled and thought, "He had something for me too last week and He didn't want me to miss it."  Let me back up a little.  Last night as we were driving I was telling my husband that I don't want to be sad forever.  Losing a baby can be devastating.  Life changing.  Depressing.  Scary.  So many bad things.  It can change who you are and wound your soul.  I don't want that.  I want my JOY.  So this morning I began reading.  Daniel was thrown into the Lion's Den for praying to God.  He had done nothing wrong, yet he was in this place of great danger.  Danger of being wounded.  Danger of losing his life.  When the king threw Daniel into the Lion's den, he yelled out to him, "May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!"  Well most of you know, the Lord did indeed rescue Daniel.  He shut the mouths of the lions, sent an angel to minister to him, and kept him completely free from harm.  Here's the verse that brought tears streaming down my face.  Verse 23:  "The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den.  And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he trusted God."  Shouldn't it have said "and when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because God had shut the mouths of the lions"???  Daniel was not wounded BECAUSE HE TRUSTED GOD.  Did you read my last blog post?  HA! How sweet to know He hears me, not only when I'm praying, but when I'm talking to Rich.  I will not be forever wounded, because I trust Him.  I trust in Him to take away my sins AND my wounds.  By His wounds I am healed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JElzkHX5smE

I pray that someone who is reading this with deep wounds, can trust God enough to ask Him to heal your wounds.

No comments: